Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Elevator & Escalator Accidents, Mass Tort Litigation, Medical Malpractice, Premises Liability, Product Liability, Slip and Fall Accidents.
Howard Schatz is a partner and managing attorney of Silbowitz, Garafola, Silbowitz, Schatz & Frederick, L.L.P., a New York City law firm concentrating almost exclusively in plaintiff’s personal injury matters. He joined the firm in 1991.
Mr. Schatz negotiates settlements and litigates these claims in the areas of motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, slip/trip and fall, elevator accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, and dangerous drugs. He represents injured clients seeking reasonable compensation for legitimate and sometimes life-altering injuries.
Mr. Schatz was an associate at the law firm of Shearman & Sterling from 1988 to 1991. He received his J.D. in the top 2% of his graduating class and published in the school’s Law Review. He received his Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Political Science from New York University in 1985.
Mr. Schatz takes great pride in our law firm’s commitment to providing individualized, personal, and detailed attention to each of our clients while vigorously representing their claims for damages in the courts. It is the philosophy of our firm to treat every client with the utmost respect, dignity, and attention. This enables us to reach our goal of attaining the highest possible customer satisfaction leading to word-of-mouth referrals. You can rest assured that client satisfaction is, and always will be, the best advertisement of a lawyer’s success. References are available upon request.
- 1988, St. John’s University Law School, J.D., Top 2% of Class
- 1985, New York University, B.A., cum laude
Admitted to Practice
- 1989 New York State Bar, Second Department
- 1992, New York, United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- 1992, New York, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Included in the Super Lawyers®; 2015-2019
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Note, The Characterization of Repurchase Agreements in the Context of the Federal Securities Laws, St. John’s Law Review, Volume 61, Book 2